Starting an online business is much easier compared to brick-and-mortar. Traditional business used to involve things like getting stocks, hiring employees, and renting a place before starting operations.
Things started to change with the Internet. Many can now start an online business with minimal effort.
Online Businesses You Can Start Today
Here are some business ideas that you can start online.
Sell Your Homemade Products
Use your talent to turn the fruits of your labor into a business. Whether you make sauce, soaps, cakes, or cookies, you can start selling in your own branded storefront.
Purchase items in bulk to sell
Buy products in bulk and selling for a profit is a proven business model. What is your niche and know the right products for your target customers? Have you been on holiday and seen something that is not available in your country? If you can find products that are easy to ship and store, such as jewelry or bamboo straws, this could be a viable business idea. Make sure you got space to store inventory.
Online Business Without Any Stock
The drop shipping business model allows you to start an online business with any inventory. Third party like Alibaba and Amazon ships products and handles customer service for you. You just need to do the marketing.
Blogging and Monetizing
Start a blog and write about the things you love. Influencer and content creators use this method to create a sustainable income from affiliate marketing. You can recommend products and receive a commission when someone clicks the affiliate link and buys from them.
Selling Your Services
Rather than selling products, you can sell your expertise. Many traditional service-based businesses have made a switch to online.
- Book Keeping
- Yoga Instructor
- Social Media Marketing
- Virtual Assistant
- Online Tutoring
- Graphic Designer
Selling A Digital Product or Course
Create digital products or courses about your expertise. Some ideas include ebooks, digital templates, online courses and more.
Research and Understand Your Market
Now that you have your business idea, you want to make sure it’s worth your time and money. There is no guarantee that your business will succeed, or your products will sell.
Define Your Target Market
Successful business looks at the market first and product second. The first step is to define your target market. Who is going to buy your cakes and cookies? Who is more likely to join your online yoga sessions? Targeting the right people with your content and ads will ensure the correct audience finds your page and increase conversions.
Research Your Competitors
Now you know your potential target customer, it’s time to focus on your competitor. A search on social media and Google can reveal who are your competitors. Try some related keywords in your industry and see the results. Visit the website of the person or company selling a similar product. Observe how they serve customers and how well are they doing. More important, are your products identical? How could you differentiate yours? Things like better branding, payment methods, or a secure checkout process could make a difference in the final sale.
Get Feedback On Your Business Idea
Test your ideas and get your target demographic to give your feedback about your business idea and any suggestions on how to improve it. Whether they will visit your site and their willingness to pay for your product and service. Here are websites for unbiased feedback. You need inputs and ideas to make your business idea bulletproof.
With information that you have gathered, you can deliver a product or service for a market that already exist and do it better than what is already available.
Design A Website
Web Creator Studio uses Cloud Hosting with Litespeed Cache and WordPress to build your website. A fast website is important for your online business. 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
WordPress is one of the most popular content management system with over 60% of the market share. That means WordPress is used by 33% of all the websites online. The diverse collection of plugins and themes make this system an excellent choice for your website.
Here are the other things that you need to get started.
This will be your website name such as www.webcreatorstudio.com. Domain names with .com is harder to find these days. An alternative is to use domain name with .co instead of .com.
Determine what is your brand color and it should be used throughout your business.
- Red – captures attention. The color is associated with excitement, passion, danger, energy, and action. Red is the iconic color used for brands like Coca Cola and YouTube.
- Orange – represents creativity, adventure, enthusiasm, success, and balance. Orange shines through in logos like Nickelodeon.
- Yellow – evokes feelings of happiness, positivity and optimism. Yellow is used by brands such as McDonalds and Ikea.
- Pink – color for brands that primarily serve a female audience. Pink revolves around femininity, playfulness, and unconditional love. Brands like Victoria’s Secret and Barbie uses the color heavily.
- Green – highly connected to nature and money. Starbucks and Spotify use green in their brand.
- Blue – stability, harmony, peace, calm and trust are just some of the feelings your customer will feel about your brand. Facebook, Twitter and Skype often use blue in their marketing.
- Purple – the color is connected to power, nobility, luxury, wisdom, and spirituality. Brands like Hallmark and Yahoo use purple in their logo.
- White – showcases innocence, goodness, cleanliness, and humility. In some parts of the world, white has a negative meaning. Adidas use white in the marketing.
- Black – Popular color in retail. Black means mystery, power, elegance, and sophistication. Brands like Chanel and Nike uses black for their logo and has several black and white images on their website to maintain a consistent look.
- Brown – relates to comfort, security, and a down to earth nature. UPS uses brown in their branding.
Content That Leads To Sales
Content is King. You need to write a copy that focus on how your product or service will make someone’s life better. People want to know what’s in it for them. Your article should have the following:
- Headline that captures attention
- Value propositions
- Bullet list
- Body copy
- Call to action
Use social media as your free business marketing tool. Your business could be seen by people on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram. Here are some tips to launch your business on social media.
- Register your social media with the same name so that it’s easier to remember and promote.
- Share links to your blog, products, and website
- Run giveaway to launch your brand and get people engaged with your messaging
- Post regularly so that people know you are an active business
- Respond to comments and enquiries.
- Encourage customers to rate your products and services
- Pay for ads to appear in your target customer’s feeds.
Check out our Social Media Management service for help on getting started on social media channels.
Drive Traffic To Your Business
Once your website is live, it’s time to get some customers.
Search Engine Optimization
Good Search Engine Optimization (SEO) enables someone searching for products or keywords to find your business from search results on websites like Google or Bing.
To get your keywords ranked on search engines, you will need to include the following techniques:
- Keyword targeting – write your blog post or web page with the relevant keywords.
- Backlinks – get a quality links back to your website.
- Security – Google favors fast and secure websites. Ensure your website has an SSL certificate.
- User Experience – Avoid bounce rates by ensuring smooth and clean user experience.
We offer a Search Engine Optimization Service to help improve your site rankings. SEO takes time therefore we will need at least 6 months to a year of work before seeing results.
Pay Per Click Advertising
New websites can take up to one year to show up in search engines. Pay Per Click of PPC ads is a reliable way to get traffic to a brand-new website. You will need to bid on keywords related to your audience interest or your industry. Google will charge you for every time your ad is clicked.
Email is a valuable business asset. Visitors can subscribe to your email list and they give your permission to engage with them. You can even do campaigns to segmentize your email list for better targeting. Your emails can deliver product updates, service changes or anything that is relevant. Email marketing is cheaper than most other methods as it is highly targeted.
Launch Your Online Business Today
We hope you are now brimming with ideas and motivated to make money online. With the help from Web Creator Studio, you could be running your online business in matter of days. Give your new business the best start, launch it with Web Creator Studio. All our plans include free SSL certificate, Cloudflare and hosted on fast Cloud servers.